Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hannah - May 18, 2008

Hannah is 3 years and 1 month old.

Since Hannah knows all of her letters and letter sounds, we are going to start the "Hooked on Phonics" reading program. We are going to follow the book lesson, but without the "lesson" part. Since she's only 3, we are going to be playing games, (just like we did with learning the alphabet) with her new words. We are starting out with the Yellow Workbook and are learning the "at" words first.


Today we played the "Blocks" Game. I sounded out most of the words for her until she knew how to read them. It only took a couple of times playing the "Blocks" game. She took most of my turns too (just so she could eat my cheerios!) We did modify the "Blocks" game and played it with "My Little Pony's" instead of blocks. I also put post-it notes on each "section" with one at word each.

No comments: