Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hannah - July 9, 2008

Our Metal Board

I have a metal board that I wanted to paint with chalkboard paint. However. things didn't go as planned. The paint wasn't sticking well (since it's a metal board and not wood) and I didn't feel like sanding the board, priming the board and THEN painting the board. So I just painted it a light purple (same color as Hannah's room) and bought this calendar set. Since we aren't writing on the board and are using small magnets for the backs of these calendar pieces, the paint is staying on without the sanding and priming.

I love this frog calendar set, it's so cute! Hannah doesn't really understand the whole calendar concept yet, but it's fun to play with. Every day we say "It's Wednesday, July 9th. Today is Wednesday, Yesterday was Tuesday and Tomorrow is Thursday" We change the days of the week each day and check to see what the weather will be like from our "Weather Frog".

This is what our weather is going to be like for the next 2 months...

1 comment:

Bridget said...

That is a GREAT idea! I love it.

Unfortunately, the weather frog is right for a LONG time...hot & sunny!